SoFi has been announced as the presenting sponsor of TGL ahead of the league’s launch in early 2025.
The digital personal finance company has also secured venue naming rights for the purpose-built TGL venue on the campus of Palm Beach State College, which will be known as SoFi Center.
SoFi Center is a nearly 250,000-square-foot venue that will fit close to 2,000 fans on match nights during TGL’s season. Inside the venue will be a giant simulator screen powered by Full Swing technology measuring 64 feet high by 46 feet across, roughly 20 times the size of a standard simulator screen. Alongside the simulator inside the venue will be a dynamic short-game complex that includes three sand bunkers and three individual 15 feet x 27 feet Virtual Greens within a massive 3,800 square-foot putting surface.
The short-game complex will be approximately the size of four basketball courts, while the entire playing surface inside the venue (simulator area and short game complex) will be 97 yards by 50 yards, roughly the size of a football field. The venue will be covered by an air-supported dome that reaches a height of 75 feet and outside the venue will be two plazas to host pre-match festivities for fans. The entire facility will be ADA accessible.
Here’s a first look at SoFi Center:
SoFi’s commercial partnership with TMRW Sports is a multi-year commitment. The company is also the naming rights partner of SoFi Stadium, home of the Los Angeles Chargers and the Los Angeles Rams in the NFL.
“At SoFi, we’re on a mission to help people achieve financial independence to realize their ambitions,” said SoFi CEO Anthony Noto. “To achieve our goal of becoming a top ten financial institution, it’s critical that we build brand awareness and trust with consumers to become a household name. Investing in sports has proven unequivocally valuable time and time again in helping us unlock this goal. From our very first conversation, there’s been a natural alignment between TGL’s tech-forward approach with SoFi’s approach as an unconventional financial services solution. We’re thrilled to be partnering to bring SoFi Center and TGL to life.”
All six TGL teams will play their matches at SoFi Center in South Florida. In total, there will be 15 regular season matches, plus semifinals and finals matches.
Team names, brands, front office staff, and assigned players will be unveiled later this year, as will the inaugural schedule and other operational and fan-centric elements of TGL presented by SoFi. All six team ownership groups have been announced:
- Atlanta Drive GC: led by Arthur M. Blank, AMB Sports and Entertainment (Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta United, PGA TOUR Superstores). Team roster currently includes Justin Thomas.
- Boston Common Golf: led by John Henry, Tom Werner, Mike Gordon, and Fenway Sports Group (Boston Red Sox, Liverpool FC, Pittsburgh Penguins, RFK Racing). Team roster currently includes Rory McIlroy, Keegan Bradley, Tyrrell Hatton, and Adam Scott.
- Jupiter Links GC: led by Tiger Woods’ TGR Ventures and David Blitzer (Philadelphia 76ers, New Jersey Devils, Cleveland Guardians, Washington Commanders, Crystal Palace FC, Real Salt Lake, Utah Royals, Joe Gibbs Racing). Team roster currently includes Tiger Woods.
- Los Angeles Golf Club: led by Alexis Ohanian (Angel City FC), Seven Seven Six, Serena Williams, and Venus Williams; as well as limited partners the Antetokounmpo brothers, Alex Morgan, Servando Carrasco, and Michelle Wie West. Team roster currently includes Collin Morikawa.
- TGL New York: led by Steven A. Cohen (New York Mets), Cohen Private Ventures.
- TGL San Francisco: a group led by Avenue Sports Fund with Marc Lasry, Stephen Curry; as well as limited partners Andre Iguodala and Klay Thompson.
"As our first and largest commercial partner, we’re honored to welcome SoFi as TGL’s presenting sponsor and our naming rights partner on SoFi Center. The team at SoFi is driving tremendous innovation in uniquely building lifetime relationships in financial services by leveraging technology to make a complete suite of products accessible to their members. In the same way, our vision for TGL is to create a new way for sports fans to experience golf by harnessing the power of technology to make sports more immersive, culturally relevant, and accessible for all,” said TMRW Sports and TGL CEO Mike McCarley.